Lubricants & moisturizers to relieve vaginal atrophy
Vaginal atrophy or atrophic vaginitis is an inflammation of the vagina that manifests itself with a thinning and shrinking of the vaginal tissues. It can cause vaginal dryness, itchiness and irritation.
Vaginal atrophy is caused by hormonal changes, so it affects many women, and although it is most common during and after the menopause, it can happen at any age. Other possible causes for atrophic vaginitis are childbirth, the use of contraceptives, cancer and its treatments, and other events that affect hormone production.
This condition can be deeply upsetting as it affects intimacy but is also physically uncomfortable or even painful.
How to treat Atrophic Vaginitis
AH! YES VM vaginal moisturizer and AH! YES WB personal lubricant are both water-based and contain a unique, patented mixture of plant polymers that hold and carry water strongly. The plant polymers are bio-adhesive, so they coat the vaginal tissues and “pump” water into them. Both AH! YES VM & AH! YES WB start working immediately, and give an instantaneous soothing and relieving effect.
As the vaginal tissues re-moisturize, they recover their natural elasticity and lubrication. The degree to which their full function is able to return may be dependent on the severity of the vaginal atrophy.
The pH of AH! YES VM & AH! YES WB matches and supports the optimal, slightly acidic, vaginal pH; this ensures that the newly re-moisturized tissues are in their right environment. The physiological pH of the vagina creates an ideal environment that protects against infections such as Bacterial Vaginosis and Thrush outbreaks.
What makes AH! YES different from other lubricants & moisturizers?
- AH! YES WB is dual action; an outstanding lubricant that can re-hydrate and moisturize too.
- AH! YES VM is the only certified organic vaginal moisturizer in the world, which means it is certified by The Soil Association, Bristol, UK. This goes for all AH! YES products – they are all certified organic by the Soil Association. AH! YES products are not made with parabens, petrochemicals, processing aids and contaminants, synthetic thickeners, untested ‘natural’ ingredients, pesticides, genetically modified ingredients and known skin irritants.
- AH! YES WB and AH! YES VM are not made with glycerine, which is thought to encourage growth of Candida Albicans responsible for Thrush infections.
- AH! YES WB feels so like the real thing and doesn’t smell or taste, neither does it leave that horrid tacky sticky feeling on your skin.
- YES VM does not create any white “fall out” that some other vaginal moisturizers may cause.
Which product should I use, AH! YES WB or AH! YES VM?
How Often Should I Use AH! YES VM?
Case studies have shown that AH! YES VM continues to moisturize for 1-3 days after application, sometimes longer, depending on vaginal conditions and the rate of moisturization. AH! YES VM’s unique iso-osmotic formulation (there are no other iso-osmotic vaginal moisturizers – as of May 2016) is designed to release water to re-hydrate dry vaginal tissues as and when it is needed, over extended periods.
AH! YES VM will instantly sooth and calm irritation, itching and burning. It is a slow release moisturizer; the rate of moisturization is determined by the degree of vaginal tissue dryness. The drier they are, the more water will be released. AH! YES VM puts your body in control of re-hydrating itself. Initially AH! YES VM may need to be applied daily and then every 3 days as symptoms improve.