Soothe Lichen Sclerosus with natural treatments & remedies
Lichen Sclerosus (often misspelt as Lichen Sclerosis) is a chronic inflammatory skin disorder that most often affects the skin around the vulva in women and girls, and the penis tip in men and boys. Most cases occur in postmenopausal women and girls before puberty, although people of all ages can get it. The condition affects at least one in a thousand women.
What causes Lichen Sclerosus?
The cause of Lichen Sclerosus is not fully understood. It is classified as a disorder of the immune system, and could be genetically inherited. It can also occur in areas of the skin where there has been previous damage.
Symptoms of Lichen Sclerosus in women
Common signs of Lichen Sclerosus in women include the appearance of small white spots and occasionally bruising around the vulva. Itching of the genital and anal areas is a common symptom and can become severe. It is often worse at night and can disturb your sleep.
The spots gradually develop into larger plaques, or patches. The skin becomes fragile, appearing pale and shiny, thin and wrinkled or scarred and thickened. The vulval area can become sore, inflamed and cracked and more susceptible to vaginal infections.
Untreated, the skin of the vulva can scar and tighten over time, eventually leading to fusion of the labia. Complications include discomfort when urinating and passing bowel movements, as well as difficulty when giving birth.
How can AH! YES help?
We recommend that you consult a healthcare professional if you think you have Lichen Sclerosus. Important advice is also available at The British Society for the Study of Vulval Disease.
Which AH! YES product should I use?
Our natural plant-based lubricants and moisturizers nourish, hydrate and protect dry and sensitive tissues. They can be used daily to relieve irritation and itching, with dilators and as an intimate lubricant.
AH! YES OB lubricant is the most popular choice. AH! YES OB is a luxurious natural lubricant made with rich, nourishing oils and butters. Use it daily and also as an intimate lubricant. It provides long-lasting moisturization, especially during intercourse. AH! YES OB is compatible with silicone toys and dilators. It is not condom compatible.
AH! YES WB personal lubricant is designed to lubricate for a luxurious, silky feel during sex. It can also be used daily to soothe and protect dry and delicate tissues. Safe for use with natural rubber latex and polyisoprene condoms and toys. The lubricant’s water content is quickly absorbed to hydrate the skin, while its gel formulation gives it a non-sticky texture with a long-lasting effect. AH! YES WB is designed to match the pH balance of the vagina. Maintaining vaginal pH may help to protect against bacterial and yeast infections.
AH! YES VM is a natural, water-based vaginal moisturizer for regular/daily use, designed to relieve dryness, discomfort, itching, burning and sensitivity. Like AH! YES WB, it is pH balanced, which means that it soothes dry, delicate tissues and replenishes vaginal moisture where needed without any white ‘fall-out’.
Why use AH! YES products?
- AH! YES personal lubricants & moisturizers act quickly to nourish and soothe irritation, dryness and discomfort.
- AH! YES products contain carefully chosen ingredients, many with long-established track records as excellent skin foods. We make the purest products possible for use on your delicate, intimate tissues.
- AH! YES WB & AH! YES VM work both as high-performing personal lubricants and effective moisturizers.
- AH! YES WB & AH! YES VM are pH balanced for the vaginal environment. Maintaining vaginal pH may help to protect against bacterial and yeast infections.
- All AH! YES products are not made with hormones, parabens, glycerin, perfumes, petrochemicals and known skin irritants.
- AH! YES products are certified organic by the Soil Association and are accredited by Made Safe in the USA.
- Check our 100% satisfaction guarantee policy.