Lubricants & moisturizers to relieve vaginal atrophy
Vaginal atrophy – or atrophic vaginitis – is the thinning, drying and inflammation of the vaginal walls. Its symptoms include vaginal dryness, itching, burning and irritation.
The condition is caused by a decline in the hormone estrogen and affects many women during and after the menopause. It can occur at any age, for example after childbirth, when using contraceptives, during treatment for cancer, and with other conditions that affect hormone levels.
Vaginal atrophy can cause deep emotional distress because it affects sexual intimacy and causes physical discomfort and pain.
Managing the symptoms of atrophic vaginitis
AH! YES VM vaginal moisturizer and AH! YES WB personal lubricant are water-based and have an original formulation made from natural, organic plant-based ingredients that provide superior moisture retention. Both AH! YES VM & AH! YES WB act immediately to give soothing relief.
AH! YES WB & AH! YES VM are pH balanced to match and support the typical, slightly acidic, vaginal environment. Maintaining this environment may help to protect against bacterial and yeast infections such as Bacterial Vaginosis and Thrush.
What makes AH! YES different?
- AH! YES WB works both as a high-performing lubricant and an effective moisturizer.
- AH! YES VM is the only vaginal moisturizer in the world with the Soil Association Certified Organic status – along with all AH! YES product – by the Soil Association, Bristol UK.
- Our personal lubricants and vaginal moisturizers are also accredited by Made Safe in the USA.
- All of our products are designed to be side-effect free and contain no concerning parabens, hormones, petrochemicals, processing aids and contaminants, synthetic thickeners, untested ‘natural’ ingredients, pesticides, genetically modified ingredients or known skin irritants.
- AH! YES WB and AH! YES VM do not contain glycerine, which is thought to encourage growth of the yeast Candida Albicans and trigger Thrush infections.
- AH! YES WB feels completely natural and has no color, smell or stickiness.
- AH! YES VM leaves skin clean and free from white ‘fall out’ and residues.
How Often Should I Use AH! YES VM?
AH! YES VM is iso-osmotic to vaginal tissues, which means it is designed to release water to rehydrate vaginal tissues over several days, as needed.
AH! YES VM acts immediately to rehydrate and soothe dry and sensitive vaginal tissues. It releases moisture where needed, in response to the degree of vaginal dryness, putting your body in control of re-hydrating itself.
Apply daily initially, reducing to every 3 days as symptoms improve.