AH! YES: Proud partners of GenM
HOT FLASH: AH!YES joins GenM’s Menopause Movement
Menopause may be one of the last taboos in female sexual health, but not in our world. For over 20 years, AH!YES has been passionately and furiously waving the flag for menopositivity and doing our part to support the menopause community. Why? Because over 1 million women in the USA alone go through menopause each year! It’s time to normalize the conversation around menopause and empower a chronically underserved community.
Who is GenM (Generation M) and how do they support the menopause community?
97% of menopausal women believe brands should work harder to cater to them, and over half want workplaces to be better set up to support them. In 2021, friends Heather Jackson and Sam Simister founded Generation M in response to their personal experiences of perimenopause. Born out of frustration with the lack of accurate information, research, and support, GenM was launched. Their mission is to improve women’s lives and support networks by uniting brands to better serve the menopause community through menopause-friendly products, services, workplace policies and marketing campaigns. The GenM movement is quickly gaining traction here in the US with influential brands such as Womaness and Birdie & Claire recently joining the fold.
GenM has not only brought awareness to the 48 symptoms of menopause, but they have also published a ground-breaking Invisibility Report. This report uncovers a distinct lack of support, education, and knowledge on menopause and the extent to which women in our society feel invisible.
GenM commitments; how brands can support women going through perimenopause and menopause
As part of a collective of progressive brands leading the menopause revolution, AH! YES has committed to the GenM commitment to understand menopause better and provide valuable support through effective products, services and marketing activity. In doing so, we want those impacted to feel listened to, catered for, and represented across society as they navigate their way through the possible 48-associated symptoms of menopause.
By aligning with the 6-point GenM Commitment, we will:
- Become part of a transformative brand-led movement to improve the menopause experience for consumers, clients, and colleagues.
- Unite in the education and awareness of the 48 symptoms of menopause and understand the impact these can have on those affected, both directly and indirectly.
- Serve the demand for better showcasing of products and services that can support the 15.5 million menopausal women in the UK and their support networks.
- Take an active role in better representing the menopausal woman and those in transition in future brand campaigns.
- Be a voice too loud to ignore – a voice for change to normalise the menopause and make it part of our everyday conversations.
- Use your leadership status to encourage other brands, organisations, and employers to follow in GenM’s pioneering footsteps for the menopause.
AH! YES and the menopause community
Some of our best-selling products have been developed with menopause symptoms in mind, all of which are FDA approved (check out AH! YES VM and AH! YES WB here). We’ve built relationships with medical professionals, menopause specialists, like-minded brands, and influencers across the country and beyond. These relationships allow us to understand the complexities of menopause and help us to provide information and support that is current, accurate, and valuable to our customers. We have ambitious plans to expand and improve our online content to become a safe space for women to learn, grow, and connect with one another.
Our partnership with GenM is part of an exciting journey for AH! YES. Our goal is to see women equipped with the tools to thrive throughout this unique time in their lives. We hope you come along for the ride!